My Hair Journey

Monday, April 10, 2006

I Decided To Go Natural....


I decided to go natural around the summer of 2002. My ex-boyfriend always told me that I should go natural and that it would look really good on me. I remember looking at him like he was crazy, lol (lauging out loud). After I had done research on natural hair, and seeing other people with natural hair, I went ahead and decided to go natural. While my hair grew out, I wore cornrows and micro braids. My newgrowth was soo thick that i could not do much with it but get braids and micros. I knew that I had to cut my permed hair off soon or I'd just pull my hair out trying to comb it.

In December of 2002, I finally decided to cut my permed ends off. Surprisingly I was not scared. The lady that cut my hair had said that she'd just cut a few of my ends and twist it to see how I'd like it. We had got to talking that she forgot to show me :). I had about 1.5-2 inches of new growth. I wore my hair twisted and a fro for awhile and I was loving it. I recieving many compliments; including people who told me not to go natural.

In the picture above, I was natural for about 4 months (April, 2003) My real hair was braided up and my friend had 'added' the ponytail, lol :).

6 Comments:

  • At 11:36 AM, Blogger Natural Kinks said…

    Hi Avra NO lol I don't that's why I have no friends on my page lol. It's ashamed I know but the other ladies like Brunsli, Leighan and Mary they are GREAT at blogging and know how to do everything. I'm sure they would not mind if you asked them. I asked 100 times and still don't get lol.
    Looking forward to your pics.
    Bless

     
  • At 1:39 PM, Blogger Natural Kinks said…

    I learned how to add them so hit me up and I'll tell ya.

     
  • At 9:18 AM, Blogger Salkis Re said…

    HEY THANKS FOR COMMENTING ON MY "GREASE ME UP" POST. SINCE YOU SAID YOU HAD DRY SCALP YOU MIGHT WANT TO TRY PURCHASING "EVENING PRIMROSE OIL' WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SPEARMINT ESSENTIAL OIL. HEAT THE OIL UP A LITTLE BIT (NOT BOILING HOT!)JUST WARM, THEN ADD MAYBE 5ML OF THE ESSENTIAL OIL TO IT. TO SOOTH THE SKIN EVEN MORE ADD SOME CALENDULA OIL TO THE MIX. YOU SHOULD'NT HAVE ANYMORE PROBLEMS WITH ITCHING AFTER THAT.YOU CAN GET THOSE OILS @ FROM NATURE WITH LOVE.COM THESE OILS ARE THE BOMB FOR IRRITATED SKIN.

     
  • At 9:28 PM, Blogger Wrinkle-Free Diva said…

    Avra...Your hair looks great! Are the lighter portions part of your natural hair color. I love it and I hope the sun kisses my hair like that!

     
  • At 5:47 PM, Blogger cy said…

    beautiful!

     
  • At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    appreciated shaped mismatch twelve tooth surround seamlessly subcapsular warren expressmedia postingsall
    lolikneri havaqatsu

     

Post a Comment

<< Home