My Hair Journey

Thursday, April 13, 2006

My Curly Fro...



Here are some pictures from 2005. This was my curly fro. I really liked wearing this style because my hair was so thick. However, too much of my hair was coming out while wearing this style. From August 2005 until October 2005, I contemplated on what to do with my hair. I almost went back to the "PERM", but I knew that I really did not want to do that. I started to research 'locks' in general. I had heard of sisterlocks, but I knew that they would cost alot of money to maintain them. I decided to research sisterlocks and came across the sisterlock page. After learning how much you could do with sisterlocks (like styling), I decided to try to find a sisterlock consultant in Columbus, Ohio (this was around October) to learn more about the sisterlock method of locking. Then I decided that maybe I should wait until I start law school in January 2006 and find a consultant in the Michigan area. Unfortunately there were no consultants in the Lansing Michigan area so I had to look in Detroit; and I found a sisterlock consultant about an hour away from Lansing :) ........

4 Comments:

  • At 3:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Let me know if you have any questions (I have a blog too)...And regarding the cost, it actually isn't more expensive just at the beginning you need more sessions with your consultant. As your locks settle in, you'll break even quickly! If you decide to take the retightening class down the line, you'll be completely liberated.

     
  • At 12:31 PM, Blogger Natural Kinks said…

    Hi Avra,

    I've tried to leave the links info on your page but it won't allow me to. Just hit your edit me link and it will take you to a page that explains in detail what to do. Just change edit me to a valid blog address and you'll be set. You have to make sure you leave all the slashes dashes and what have you, that was my problem at first.
    You can email me at veemillen01@yahoo.com if you need more help!

    Sorry I typed a long ass response and it didn't save ;-(

    Goodluck and hit me up.
    Bless

     
  • At 8:01 AM, Blogger Salkis Re said…

    gosh!, your hair would be great for sisterlocks

     
  • At 6:08 PM, Blogger Avra Tucker said…

    Yes Salkis, I have sisterlocks.. been locked Since 12-29-05. I have just been sooo busy with law school. As soon as I get a chance, I'll put some pics up of my siserlocks :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home